It is a time honored tradition that at the beginning of every year my family looks back and discusses some major things we learned through the year. This year was very rich in giving us life lessons. There was a lot of bad, but hey, how else do we learn?
Though this year has been rough, there have been some good things. A couple of personal triumphs. This year was the first year I have been excited for Christmas in seven years. There had been an incident on Christmas morning that kind of ruined Christmas for me. I also FINALLY and COMPLETELY forgave my big brother. Those are stories for another time, so we’ll leave it at ‘praise God!’ And I survived my sixteenth year! Yay! Tomorrow’s my bday!
The lessons we learned this year are innumerable. But I have got the main ones down. So here are our top five lessons of the year.
- God promises to help us carry our load. He doesn’t expect us to carry it alone.
- It doesn’t matter how much darkness surrounds you, God always gives an opportunity for light to help see. You just have to choose to turn on the lamp.
- God’s plans are not our plans. He has the whole picture. We only see a little bit. One day we will be thankful for the 2015 year. Because we will see how it was part of the beautiful tapestry.
- God is good all the time. And all the time God is good. Even when…
- Seasons of life pass. Sometimes it’s really hard to let go.
Our lessons were not necessarily taught easily. But they sure were taught well. He has a plan. Faith, Trust, and a whole lot of Jesus.
So ends this chapter in our life. Goodbye 2015! May you live long in our memories!
Hello 2016! It’s time to see what you have in store for us! May it be a great adventure!
What are your top five lessons of 2015?